The Project Manager – Construction is responsible for acquiring, overseeing and directing all construction projects and their progress from start-up to build-up in a timely and cost-effective manner and profitable.
This role includes:
- Management of a start-up company / green-field strategy for WALO USA
- Start-up and build-up of business development and client relations
It also entails budgeting, organization, implementation, scheduling of the projects, and overseeing all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor DOT/OSHA compliance with building and safety regulations. With his enthusiasm he leads and inspires his team to plan, manage and execute construction projects from conception to completion.
- Organization, planning and implementation of complex construction projects. The securing of building permits and licenses and delivery of materials and equipment to construction sites.
- Developing and managing construction budget, estimates, required investment, labor requirements, work force planning and cost tracking.
- Review projects to monitor compliance with WALO standards, building and safety codes, timelines and other regulations.
- Support Management team in the acquisition of new projects
- Review all construction operations in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs, and ensure that deadlines are met for projects
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Meet contractual conditions of requirements and performance
- Manage and review the work progress of the construction site on daily basis and ensure the project moves forward in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Collaborate closely with the Field Superintendent Construction and the Foreman regarding the development and modification of the Project Execution Plan
- Prepare internal and external reports on to job status and progress
- Plan to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks ahead of time
- BSc degree in construction management, engineering or related field
- 5+ years of proven working experience in construction
- Passion, energy, and interest to start-up and build-up business development and client relations including hiring and leading personnel
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction industry and processes
- In-depth knowledge of the construction market in the US
- Familiarity with construction management software packages, excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”, share the vision in a convincing and appealing story
- Reliable and self-driven
- Excellent time and project management skills
- High potential for leadership and team management skills
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- High US work ethics
- High level of fairness, honesty and integrity
- High level of creativity, adaptability and empathy
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills (written and oral) to represent the company during projects of leading construction sites
- Resourcefulness, imagination and a passion for challenges
- Willing to work in an international construction company and team
- Experience in public works operations is required
- Familiairty with UHPC (ultra high performance concrete) in hydro, bridge or infastructure reahbilitiation is a plus
- Associate Constructor (AC), Certified Professional Constructor (CPC) and Certified Construction Manager (CCM) certifications are a plus
Please call us for a non-binding preliminary clarification or send us your documents by mail or e-mail. We thank you for your interest and look forward to receiving your application: